ARTS - E D U C A T I O N
We are re-building our arts in education program and are looking for teaching artists!
Click image to download
Help us rebuild our Educational Program, Arts Reach to Schools. We seek to re-create a robust and diverse offering of classes in all mediums. Theater, Visual Arts, Music, Dance and Assemblies.
WHAT WE PAY:
$65.00 an hour if you have experience
$50.00 an hour if you are new to teaching.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Art students, teaching artists, artists who would like to teach in the schools, retired teachers, performers.
HOW IT WORKS: You will be an employee of TCA, and will fill out a W-4.
DOWNLOAD FINGERPRINTING DOCUMENT FROM THE DOJ, HERE. (only use this one as it has all of TCA's information).
Book an APPOINTMENT with TCSOS HERE
What you will learn
SEPTEMBER 18TH at Jamestown Elementary at 9:00am.
How to develop standards based lesson plans that align with the Standards for ARTS Curriculum in the State of California
How to plan your class, whatever your medium.
Tips on classroom organization and etiquette.
How to interact and support your classroom teacher's goals for your class.
Live Scan Appointment Location:
Tuolumne County Superintendent of Schools
175 Fairview Lane
Sonora, CA 95370
Live Scan Questions?
You must bring the following:
Request for Live Scan Service form
Money Order, Credit/Debit Cards, or Business Check, payable to TCSOS.
Valid/Current– federal, state, or local government picture ID (Driver’s license, passport, etc.)
– TCSOS no longer accepts cash or personal checks –
1. Get in touch with TCA to determine if you want to work in arts education, and can commit to working during school hours.
2. Download DOJ fingerprinting document.
3. Make an appointment with TCSOS to get fingerprinted BEFORE the September 18th Class.
4. Bring your paperwork with you to the training, so you can be reimbursed.
5. Bring your official government documents with you September 18th. (Driver's License & Social Security Card, OR passport) and fill out your W-4.
6. Get a TB test completed before you arrange to teach at any school. ($22.00)
DOWNLOAD THIS BIO/QUESTIONNAIRE Your information will be in an online directory of teaching artists. The Classroom Teachers will contact you through this information.
You can digitize it and send it back to:
OR: Feel free to bring it by 21 N. Washington St. If we are not here, you can put it through the mail slot in the door. Thank you!